Are you finding it difficult to create the perfect event invitation email?
Have you spent countless hours writing, deleting, reviewing, and editing, all in an effort to increase registration rates?
These are just one of many challenges I face with event invitations.
After all, your event invitation email is the first communication your audience receives about your event, and you want it to make a great impression.
As someone who has been in the same position, I understand just how frustrating and nerve-wracking it can be to deliver e-mails at scale. Thus, I would like to share my past experiences and effective techniques with you.
I’ve structured this article so you can easily jump to the section that’s most relevant to you,
Skip to event email subject lines,
Skip to RSVP invitation examples that you can reuse
Skip to inspiring invitation email examples, or
Skip to event invitation email template.
Step 1 : Catchy Invitation Email Subject line
Email Subject lines are so critical, yet always overlooked.
Did you know 47% email recipients will open an email based on subject line while 69% will report SPAM based on your subject line – Source.
Hence do not rush when crafting your email’s subject line. Take your time to create an attention-grabbing one.
To help you with this, I have listed my 5 mantras that I have successfully used
- I keep the subject line to 6-10 words
- You should create FOMO – either time sensitive or create a sense of exclusivity
- Include personal name – You will automatically see a huge jump in open rates
- I use emojis, but only if its relevant
- Add a fact or historical statistics
This is a list of Invitation Email Subject Line that I have come across and continuously update.
- [X] Weeks to Register 👀
- You’re invited: Come learn about [Event’s objective] at [Event Name]
- Achieve More at [Event Name] by [Event benefit] – Join our upcoming Event
- [X] things you can do at [Event Name] 😃 👇
- Unlock the secret to [Your Event’s objective]
- See who’s speaking at [Event Name]
- [First Name], don’t miss out on early bird tickets for [Event edition] – ends tonight
- Reserved for you, [First Name]- Be the first to register to win prizes
- [Product Launch] alert : New features and exciting updates – Register now
- Your Exclusive Invite [First Name] to [Event Name] 🤫
- You’re invited to our flagship event ✉️
- You’re invited to a groundbreaking event on [Your Event’s objective]
- Join us for [Event name] in [time until event]. We’re pumped! – Are you ?
- We’re thrilled to invite you to [Event name]. You won’t want to miss it! 😉
- The wait is over [First Name], for [Event name] [Year] – Register now
- [Key note Speaker Name] has accepted her/his invite for [Event name] – Have you?
- [Event name] [Year] is here. Details inside
- Final day to get your Exclusive VIP Tickets
- Need help with [Event’s objective] ? Join us on [Event date] at [Event venue]
- Guess what’s happening on [Event date]?
- [First Name], secure your spot now before it’s too late. ONLY 10 seats left! ⏲️
- Hey [Name]! Guess what? You’re officially invited to [Event name]
- Get ready for an unforgettable time! 😎🎉 at [Event Name] – Register now
- One day left to register for [Event Name]
- Event Alert ⚠️ 🚨 📣 – The secret(s) to [Event Objective] – Register to discover
- We’re back after X years 🎉 – Join us [First Name] of [Event date]
- Guess who is coming for [Event Name] – Come see her/him on [Event date]
- Make a Difference: Attend [Charity Event Name]
- [Event Objective]. Interested?
Step 2 : What to include in your Event invitation email ? – And what Not to include
Fantastic! We have some amazing subject lines to pick from, now let’s move on to crafting the body of the email.
The goal here is to cover all critical information and persuade the reader to register or RSVP.
Here’s the list of key information to include in the body of the event email invitation
✅ Time, Date & Day : I often see email marketers forget to include day of the week. So do not forget to include it since it is one less step for your target audience to make a decision.
✅ Venue Information : If you haven’t finalized the venue yet, at least mention the area you are targeting. If it’s a virtual event or webinar, clearly list the platform; this will help your guests become more comfortable with it sooner.
✅ Highlights & What to expect : This is your make-or-break invitation. Try to keep it concise and focus on why they need to attend. My suggestions for you are: add last edition’s numbers, include testimonials, or simply list three benefits the attendee can get by attending the event.
✅ Teasers : Whether it’s a big reveal of a keynote speaker or a sneak peek of a product launch, teasers will help you move your guests closer to taking action in the present.
✅ CTA to register/RSVP : Your CTA should be clear and visible. If your invite is long, then place it in multiple sections. You can get creative with your CTA’s by focusing on value instead of action. For example instead of “Register now” you could say “Ready to Join the Fun?”
✅ Other essentials : Signature, any restrictions or prerequisites, event website, social media handles, and mobile event app links.
🚫 Avoid using one image only for the event invitation email. I’ve seen multiple events reuse their event invitation letter print image in the email. It usually is not responsive and looks off in a mobile or tablet.
🚫 Do not overdue your visuals. Yes visual and videos have an impact but treat this as a transactional email, not a promotional email. Limit your visuals to 3-4 that carry the message of your event.
🚫 Do not ask for referrals in this email. The focus of the event email invitation is to Register/RSVP. Once they do so then you can reach out to them to ask to refer to a friend or colleague
🚫 To avoid your email going to SPAM refrain from excessive use of capital letters, punctuation marks, and commonly used spam words such as “free,” “win,” “euro,” “$,” “sex,” and so on.
🚫 This one is an obvious one but ensure you do a spell and grammar check. Here is a list of tools you could use.
🚫 Strictly avoid scripts, and sanitize your HTML if you are using it.
Step 3: Event Invitation Email Templates
Each event is unique. Therefore, I have classified each invitation email sample for event based on its use-case and style. Below is a brief index to help you navigate to the relevant category.
- Simple Invitation Email for Event
- Event Invitation Email Template for Conference
- Business Event Invitation Email Sample
- Lunch Invitation Email
- Party Invitation Email Sample
- Holiday Party and Christmas Party Invitation Email to Employees
- Wedding Invitation Email
- Event Invitation Email for Inviting People to a Charity Event
- Event Invitation Letter Sample for Networking Event
- Farewell Party Invitation Email to Colleagues
- Virtual Product Launch Email Event Invitation Template
- Webinar Invitation Email Sample
- Zoom Invitation Email Template
Simple and short invitation email for event
Hello [First Name],
Are you ready to join us for an unforgettable event?
We invite you to join us for [Event Name] hosted by [organizer] on [date and time] at [location].
You are on top of our invitee list. At this event, you’ll have the opportunity to [briefly mention key event highlights/benefits].
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to [event goal]. Register now and book your spot on the VIP list.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Event Invitation Email Template for Conference
Are you tired of attending conferences that leave you it was a waste of time?
Well, get ready for something different. We’re thrilled to invite you to [Event Name]. Since it is our [Number of edition] edition we’re breaking all the rules and taking the experience to a whole new level. Trust us, you won’t want to miss it.
We have lineup of renowned speakers, informative sessions, and exciting networking opportunities. Here is the initial lineup
[Add few teasers]
So register now and book your calendar for [Number of days of event] – [Date] at [Venue] in [City].
Business Event Invitation Email Sample
Hello [First Name],
I’m thrilled invite you to our upcoming business event, [Event Name]. This year, we celebrate our [number]-year anniversary.
As a valued business partner, you have always been a part of our success, and we would like to celebrate with you at a formal dinner followed by cocktails on [Date] at [Time].
I am also excited to announce that [Name], a well-known expert in [industry], will be joining us to share insights and strategies on [topic]. I am sure you will find their presentation informative and engaging.
My humble request is that you RSVP and provide us with your food preferences to help me and my team plan the event better.
Choose Food Preferences [RSVP Link – CTA]
We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
Lunch Invitation Email
I would like to invite you to join us for a delicious lunch. I have booked a table at [Restaurant Name] on [Date] at [Time].
It’s a wonderful opportunity to catch up with each other over some great food. The restaurant specializes in [Insert cuisine], and you can check out the menu at [menu link].
The restaurant recommends [insert dress code] as the dress code, and you can find directions to the restaurant here: [insert Google Maps directions link].
The bill will be split amongst everyone attending. You can RSVP by [RSVP Date] and I will take care of the rest.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Party Invitation Email Sample
Key out here is to keep it short and use visuals. If there is a dress code or a cocktail party theme ensure you call it out. Another important thing to call out if there is BYOB
Are you ready to party ? [Date] is [reason for celebrating]. 🥳🙌🎂 🍰🎈🎉 🎁
And I would love for to join [me/us/company] to celebrate with us. We’ll have delicious food and cocktails, so all you have to do is show up and have a good time.
The theme is [Insert theme] and dress code for the guys is [men dress code] while the ladies
So let’s dance the night away! Can’t wait to see you.
Almost forgot – Don’t forget to RSVP 🙏🏻 [Insert RSVP link]
Holiday Party and Christmas Party Invitation Email to Employees
Ho ho ho! It’s that time of the year again. 🎄🎅🏻🦌
We have plenty of festive surprises and exciting activities in store for you, including the long-awaited Secret Santa reveal. It’s finally time to find out who your Secret Santa is and exchange gifts!
This year it’s “Ugly Sweater Outfit” theme! It’s time to dust off those ugly sweaters and get creative. Make sure to wear the most outrageous, tacky, and over-the-top sweater you can find. ☃️
The [Company name] christmas holiday party will take place on [Date] at [Time] in the [Venue Name].
Plus one’s are welcome. Please RSVP by [Date] and let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.I am getting married !
Wedding Invitation Email Template
I am getting married ! 👩❤👨💍
As most of you know, [write a personal story on how you met or history]
It’s exciting to know the journey is just about to begin. And to witness the start of it, we would love for you to be with us on our special day.
The wedding is on [wedding date] and the reception is on [reception date]. [Please add other dates]. I am attaching the specific venues but the city is [City name]
So block these dates, book your tickets, get your leave sanctioned, make your excuses with your boss…. whatever you need to do, to get moving !!!
You guys NEED to be here and that will be the best gift to us.
P.S : Please RSVP so we can make accommodation arrangements.
Love and looking forward to seeing you at the wedding.
Fundraising Event Invitation Email for Inviting People to a Charity Event
We would like to invite you to join us for our annual charity event. This year, we are raising funds to support [Charity]. Your participation will help make a difference in the lives of those in need.
The event will take place on [Date] at [Time] at [Location]. There will be food, drinks, and entertainment provided.
Tickets are $[Amount] per person and can be purchased online [ticketing link]. All proceeds will go directly to [Charity]. We hope to see you there.
Event Invitation Letter Sample for Networking Event
I highly recommend you make it a visual template for networking.
You are invited !
Join us for an exclusive invite-only networking social event on [Date] at [Venue]
We are extending this invitation to only [number] thought leaders and professionals, including yourself.
The agenda for the evening:
- Engaging conversations, where you can share insights and experiences, and
- Build new connections with other like-minded individuals.
- Learn about our [project or product name]
- Beer, wine, hors d’oeuvre and to end with a sit-down dinner
Don’t miss out [First Name]
RSVP by [FOMO date]
Farewell Party Invitation Email to Colleagues
The day has come to bid Adieu to [Colleague’s Name].
As a token of appreciation, we would like to organize a farewell lunch for [Colleague’s Name] on [Date] at [Time] at [Restaurant Name]. The bill will be split among all attendees, so please bring cash to make the process smoother.
As a team, we’re also pooling together to buy [Name] a special farewell gift. If you would like to contribute, please let me know.
Please RSVP by [Date] so we can finalize the reservation.
Virtual Product Launch Email Event Invitation Template
Hi [First Name],
I would like to personally invite you to our flagship online keynote, [Event Name – like the event website], on [Date]. Streaming from [Venue], you’ll hear about our vision for unlocking the power of [Product Name]. We’ll dive deeper into the future of [Vertical], as well as share our vision for [Vertical trend] and the practical ‘how-tos’.
Keynote highlights include:
- [List out 3-5 highlights – You could use images to highlight]
P.s. If you’re not able to join us, be sure to register and we’ll send the recording your way.
Webinar Invitation Email Sample
You can explore here other webinar email templates
We are delighted to invite you to our upcoming webinar on [Topic] taking place on [Date] at [Time]. This is a unique opportunity to join a thought-provoking discussion with industry leaders and experts, gain insights into the latest trends, and learn about best practices.
At [Company/Association], we strive to bring together the best minds in the industry to share their knowledge and experience. Our webinars are designed to provide you with actionable insights, strategies, and tools that you can implement immediately to drive results and achieve your business goals.
This edition of our webinar series will focus on [Topic]. Here are some key highlights:
- A panel of industry experts sharing their insights and best practices
- Interactive Q&A sessions with the speakers
- Exclusive access to resources and tools to help you drive results
- Break out reports for networking opportunities with other professionals in the industry
To register for the webinar, simply click on the link below and fill in your details. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details you need to join the webinar.
[CTA button – Register Now]
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar and to having you as an active participant in this exciting event.
Here is an example of a webinar invitation email from Semrush.
Zoom Invitation Email Template
I look forward to you joining for our virtual gathering on Zoom. I have also provided the calendar link The meeting ID and password are included below:
Date & Time : [Insert Date & Time]
Meeting ID: [Insert Meeting ID]
Password: [Insert Password]
[Insert Add to Calendar Link]
To join the meeting, simply click on the link below and enter the meeting ID and password:
[Insert Zoom Meeting Link]
If you haven’t used Zoom before, I request you to download the Zoom app on your computer, tablet, or smartphone for free. If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
RSVP Invitation Examples to Reuse
Example 1 : Intercom Webinar RSVP
What I liked about this rsvp invitation:
- I appreciate the personalized tone of the email, particularly the use of “we” and “you,” which creates a sense of connection and makes the message feel more customized rather than a generic mass email.
- I love short emails that are to the point. The sentences are crisp and neat. They avoid using too many words and lists out the benefits in a concise manner.
- Notice the use of bold text. They keep it specific to the time . I also love that it shows different timezones.
- The email effectively highlights the call-to-action by including a link to register and a supporting case study on why attending the webinar is important, making it relevant and prominent.
Inspiring Email Invitation Examples [Updated regularly]
Example 1 – Google Cloud Summit Invitation Email Sample for Event
What I liked about this invitation email sample for event:
- Amazing use of font. They have highlighted very clearly the 3 key takeaways
- Save the spot today
- The topic of the event – Startup Summit to supercharge growth, and
- Join our other summits
- They also have used bold to highlight the key points of the event
- The use of color has been done brilliantly.
- Great use of CTA is 2 places – one at the top of the email and the other at the bottom. I have seen so often people ignore the bottom of the email
- A brilliant visual that catches the eye – it is minimalist yet impactful.
Example 2 : E invite to attend AWS Summit
What I liked about this e invite to attende AWS Summit:
- The colors are very vibrant. It’s a sharp contrast to the above Google Cloud Summit Invitation Email
- An amazing use of multi-color icons that crisply showcases the highlights of the event
- I also like that they have provided links to see the event agenda. I would recommend you to include an agenda link on every email you send – even if it is yet to be finalized. Or you could just send last year’s agenda !
- The CTA buttons are well spaces so it give the reader enough reminders to register
- The break in contrast towards the end with a display ad effect is just amazing.
- Save the spot today
- The topic of the event – Startup Summit to supercharge growth, and
- Join our other summits
Example 3 : Zendesk business event invitation email sample
What I liked about this business event invitation email sample:
- I love the tagline – Great events mean great speakers . It’s catchy and setups the emailer
- They have put their speakers in front and center. I have seen using your key attractions as the primary focal point in email invitation emails can spike registrations.
- The email is concise. It doesn’t make the email too bulky to read
- Great use of CTA is 2 places
Example 4 : Splash event invitation email on how brands need to use event tech
What I liked about this invitation email example:
- The visual is eye-catching and effectively conveys the event’s purpose.
- The introduction is attention-grabbing and directly addresses the challenges that the target audience may be facing, making it more compelling to register for the event.
- The tone of the email is friendly and approachable, so already sounds like a fun event
- The inclusion of an option to access a recording of the event even if one cannot attend live is a thoughtful and practical touch.
- Lastly, a very clear and clean call-to-action button
Example 5 : Yourstory formal invitation to attend event
What I liked about this formal invitation:
- The colors are catchy. Think of it as a dark-mode email
- Your story has integrated sponsors at the top of the email. Such a strategy is especially helpful if you have a key sponsor in your event sponsorship packages
- Very clearly lists out on why to attend the event
- The use of people towards the end is a great idea to reuse.
One thing is clear: a well-crafted event invitation email can make a significant impact on registration rates. As I come across new and inspiring examples of event invitation emails, I will continue to update this article to provide the latest and most effective tips, tricks, and templates for creating successful event invitations.
Keep an eye out for future updates, and don’t forget to subscribe