With the continued spread of COVID-19, offices have normalized work from home protocols, which has led to a surge in the requirement for webinars and virtual events. At nunify, we have developed next-generation webinars for brands across different industries, aiding them in their objective of reaching out to their target audience and increasing the engagement during a session.
Recent statistics have indicated that companies are using webinars and virtual event platforms to up-skill personnel, train staff, internal catch-up calls, internal and external meetings, product launches, and more. It is now increasingly important and crucial to organize webinars that are interesting, provide value, and are engaging for the attendees.
As webinars have become a new-normal now, here’s a small guide to conducting a webinar from scratch:
1. Select the right team
Select an organizer, presenters, and the back-end team for your webinar
- The organizer will be responsible for conceptualizing the entire webinar – from the topic to the key areas that will be picked, to the objective and the format of the webinar
- The presenter will put across the content that has been finalized, and be the face of the webinar
- The back-end team will aid with registrations, technical areas, and supervise the session to address any issues that may arise
2. Finalizing the webinar format
There are different types of webinar formats available for organizers. The hosts can choose between interviews, panel discussions, pre-recorded video sessions, or an engaging two-way communication with attendees.
Webinars can have one, or multiple presenters, depending upon the format or objective of the session. Choosing a next-generation webinar platform like nunify allows you to host an engaging webinar by leveraging chat-rooms, reactions, polls, and many more features!
3. Decide on the content and make presenters ready in advance
The content of the session, including presentations, images, and videos should be prepared and curated prior to the event. The presenters should ensure that they are well-versed with the functionality of the platform, as well as the topic on which the Webinar is being conducted. Ideally, a test run should be performed to ensure that there are no technical issues on the platform.
4. Choose the right platform and invite your attendees
There are various platforms to choose from, to organize your webinar on. The platform should be chosen on the basis of the session’s requirements and the features it offers to the organizers.
- Custom branding is a sought-after feature by many brands. Choose a platform that sorts out your branding requirements like Nunify does, offering custom event-pages with sponsor showcase and advertising features.
- Engagement Features such as chat rooms, reactions, push notifications, interactive participation, polls are important to keep your attendees engaged through your session.
- Comprehensive Event Management through ticketing, push-notifications and email marketing, as well as a post-event analysis of the webinar are additional features that provide organizers with greater value.
5. Invest in marketing activities
After selecting a date & time to execute the webinar, marketing activities should be undertaken to target potential attendees. Recent statistics have indicated that email marketing is one of the most effective methods of promotion for your webinars.
Here are some tips to help you promote your webinar:
- Begin promoting your webinar a week from the event
- Create a landing page for the webinar that gives information on the topic of the webinar, the speakers, and the details of the sessions
- Share periodic reminders via email to the people who have registered.
- Re-market to the audience that has shown interest in the webinar through email and SMS marketing
- Promote the webinar link on social media platforms
6. Seek feedback from the attendees
Feedback is important to help you improve your sessions in the future. Circulating a feedback form post-event is an excellent way to gain insights into the overall user-experience.
A deep analysis of the webinar can be performed by obtaining data on the number of attendees in the webinar, the engagement rate of the webinar, number of replies to questions, the number of reactions & poll responses, and more.
This simple step-by-step guide should help you in organizing your webinar. After successfully hosting one webinar, evaluate the activities and evolve and grow your webinar in the following sessions.
Always remember, for a webinar to be successful, the organizers must work together in a team and try to look for various loopholes in the existing plan. Once the team is not able to find any shortcomings, your webinar is good to go live!