Going virtual, especially during these tough times, has evolved into a dire necessity for the event industry. However, it is understandable that event organizers currently have to deal with the anxieties associated with superseding the charm of real life, physical events. That’s where virtual event platforms, such as Nunify, come into being.
It is indeed wonderful to have the opportunity to utilize a one-stop-shop for organizing trailblazing events in the form of networking meet-ups, educational sessions, business conferences, and so on. As tensions rise and the economy plummets, the least that the event industry can do is to keep the show going with the help of seamless virtual platforms that help bridge multifaceted gaps during these trying times. Let us pledge to dedicate the same amount of care and dedication into organizing virtual events, as the core intent of this industry is to keep the magic of events alive – and who doesn’t want a little bit of magic to illuminate the way, especially in the dark?
We, at Nunify, an AIDA-backed virtual event platform, tell you everything you need to know about virtual events.
Fourfold Magic | Understanding the 4 Types of Virtual Events
While virtual events come in various forms, there are four seminal types of events that are integral to every event-hosting platform. These include:
- Webinars: Lasting typically between 45-80 minutes, virtual webinars allow attendees worldwide to join and listen and multiple speakers present what they have to say. Webinars usually allow Q&A sessions/training of all kinds and thrive with 100% virtual attendance due to their educational and informative nature.
- Virtual Seminars: Much like in-person conferences, virtual conferences are constructed around live, complex agendas that include sessions, keynotes, and much more. Featuring multi-session content, virtual seminars can be used to promote community engagement tools and monitor agendas real-time while fostering attendee interaction.
- Hybrid Events (Internal): This is ideal for large-scale organizations that are spread out across the globe. Hybrid events combine internal training sessions, department meetings, town halls, etc – which is perfect for disseminating information to people working in multifarious departments in different geographical locations.
- Hybrid Events (External): These kinds of events are held for the purpose of forging professional ties and furthering collaborations. Consequently, they warrant elevated video production levels, so that attendees can extract the same amount of value as in-person events.
Navigating Virtual Event Fundamentals
Which event fundamentals do event organizers need to keep in mind?
- Marketing is key, especially when it comes to promoting virtual events. One needs to consider the multifarious aspects of targeted promotion and buzz creation at all times.
- No matter how tech-savvy your virtual event platform is, content is seminal when it comes to pulling off an effective virtual event. Make sure to include powerful keynotes and engaging sessions as per the interests of your target audience.
- During these tough times, it is essential to foster an environment of genuine empathy and human connection, This will allow attendees to interact in more fruitful ways and boost morale.
- Event success can only be quantified by data, hence make sure to measure engagement and capture attendee data in a manner that vouches for the event’s ROI and activates buyer journeys.
In essence, virtual events hold immense power, if done the right way. Craft an effective plan and arrange the best technology you can muster. Pave the way to success with Nunify!